Sunday, April 12, 2015

India: Rocketmen ....

The India project is progressing slowly, still thinking about basing and unit sizes. So while doing this I decided to concentrate on some smaller items to keep me going.

Just finished indian rocketmen, 



Next thing on the modelling desk is a draft elephant, using an old toy elephant and a modified Front Rank limber.

Monday, March 23, 2015

Quick Figure comparison ...


I've been buying a few figures from a couple of ranges to get some idea on how they'll mix together;  a quick comparison shot
 Left to right: 1st Corps british sepoy, Essex officer, Indus Miniatures Baluchi officer, Redoubt (two), Indus artillery man, foundry artillery man.

The Redoubt figures are nice sculpts but are 30mm and won't mix in with the others in close proximity; in units on their own with some careful basing they could be alright.
 
I've been musing on unit sizes and trying to come up with an overall 'look and feel'. I'm not going to try and re-fight the big battles,  instead I will be aiming for something smaller with little armies composed of companies of european troops and sepoys with some indian allies either fighting each other or maybe taking on a 'small' indian army.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Indian Artillery - refurbished, and command vignette

Indian artillery refurbished,


Plus a new small on foot command vignette using Redoubt figures


Sunday, February 22, 2015

India: European Horse and Artillery - refurbished

For the british .... ... dragoons mostly using Irregular Miniautures marlburians with some modified to be holding swords ....

artillery crew using a mix of Perry AWI plastics and some Front Rank...
 For the french .... dragoons using Irregular Miniatures marlburians with some head swaps for variety
artillery crew using Jacdaw figures

Sunday, February 8, 2015

India: European Command - refurbished

I'm in the process of tidying up, reworking and refurbishing any units I had for the India project. First up are the European command. I've added a mounted standard bearer and redone the bases for the rest.

The british...
 The french ....
I'm working on the European artillery and cavalry at the moment.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Hindu Temple (completed)

All finished with some walls for the temple precinct,
for sculpture detail I stuck on some suitable images and gave them a wash of paint ...a view from the side...

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hindu Temple - WIP

Some in progress shots of work on the Hindu Temple, constructed with various thicknesses of card and some foamboard.

Phase1: firstly I made up a base and sourced some bits to help with the 'tower' (or vimana) and columns...

Phase 2: - the basic building structure (the roof sections come off to help with storage)
Phase 3: final detailing and some knobbly bits on the 'tower' - ready for a its base coat of paint
I plan to use some images of indian sculptures to finish it off.....