Friday, April 2, 2010

A few little bits ...

One of the first things I'll need is somewhere to pose piccies of finished figs, so I've made up a two-sided backdrop overlay which I can put on my current  'picture poser'.  The first picture below shows my current 'picture poser' with its european style background, next to it is a piice of foamboard which has two slots in the top, this will alllow it to be placed over the current background. In the next picture you can see it in place.

Now I have to create two backdrops, one for each side of the overlay, to show a carribean island and some rural india scene.

For troops for the SYW India period I've started by working on artillery. I have 4 spare artillery pieces, nominally allocated for the Indian allies. Below are some french artillery crew from the 30mm Jacdaw range which I acquired recently.

For a couple of  infantry units I will morph two of my existing battalions by using different command stands, the additional figs are ready and need painting.

2 comments:

  1. I like your ideas for staging the figures you're going to photo. May have to give that a try. Good stuff! - Mike (St. Maurice)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very clever arrangement, I must say. Well done, sir.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete